Delhi College of Arts and Commerce is a co-educational constituent College of the University of Delhi. Situated in Netaji Nagar, the College is unique in may respects and offers some courses like Bachelor of Journalism(Honours), and the restructured B.A, B.Com and B.A (Hons.) courses. Apart from that it has achieved rare distinctions in sports and N.C.C Many of its NCC Cadets and Sportsmen have distinguished themselves in their respective fiends. The College has a well qualified and academically distinguished teaching staff who have over the years maintained an excellent rapport with the students.
At present the college is imparting teaching in the following courses :
- Bachelor of Journalism (Honours)
- B.A (Honours) English
- B.A (Honours) Economics
- B.A (Honours) History
- B.A (Honours) Political Science
- B.Com (Honours)
- B.A. Programme
Add on Certificate Courses :- The following courses are available at present :
- Languages : French/Spanish/German
- Woman?s Development Studies
Note : The College Proposes to start Certificate Courses in the following subjects after obtaining the necessary approval
Special Note :
The medium of instruction of all (Hons.) Courses is English. However students have the right to answer their examination paper in Hindi as well.
- All applicants seeking admission to the college should read the Bulletin of information issued by the University of Delhi. The Bulletin contains relevant information regarding admission to various courses and conditions of eligibility.
- Applications will be accepted in the College on all working days between 10:00 a.m an 01:00 p.m. The last date and time for submission of application form is as notified in this prospectus.
- In case a candidate wishes to apply for more than one course of study, separate application forms are to be used for admission to each course applied for.
- For admission to the first year of the degree course to this college a candidates age should be 17 years before the first day of October in the year in which he/she seeks admission and should not be more than 19 years, However, in case of SC/ST the upper age limit will be 20 years. However in case of an exceptionally meritorious student, the University may relax the age limit at the most for a period of one year. In such cases the admission of candidates will entirely at their risk and cost.
- In case the applicant is selected for admission, following original certificates alongwith attested copies will be submitted to the College at the time of admission.
- A character Certificate from the Head of the College or School last attended.
- A certificate of date of birth issued by the Board of Education.
- Provisional certificate of the last public examination passed.
- A certificate of marks obtained in each subject at the last public examination.
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- In case of Foreign Students, a copy of Passport and Visa issued by authorized authority.
Candidated who fail to submit all these documents will not be considered for admission.
- As per communication dated 9-3-07 received by the University from the UGC, the OBC status is to be determined on the basis of the central list of OBC?s notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on the recommendation of the National commission for Backward Classes available at the website of the Commission ( http://www.ncbc.nic.in/backwardclasses/index.html ). The total number of seats in each course and the number of seats for various reserved categories including OBC/SC/ST and PH etc. would be known only after the relevant sanctions are received from MHRD by the college.
- Students who are unable to get their photographs and other documents attested for submission to the University may submit self attested copies of documents papers. In case any falsified records/attestation are detected the student will be debarred from attending any course in the University of its colleges for the next five years and a criminal case will be instituted against him.
6. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Schedule Tribes are required to get their names registered with the University office. Thereafter they should apply to the college directly in accordance with the schedule of admission. They should clearly mention on the top of admission form that they belong to SC/ST or any other category for which reservations are made by the Government of India. Candidates who are seeking admission under this category shall be required to submit a certificate from the Principal of the School/ Institution last attended to the effect that he/she belongs to Schedule Caste Tribe and was enjoying all benefits available to Schedule Caste/ Tribe students alongwith a certificate issued by the District Magistrate or the Competent authority appointed for this purpose.
- Candidates, claiming the benefit of being the children of the officers and men of the Armed Forces Killed or disabled in war required to get their names registered with the University Office.
- Admission of Foreign students is handled by the Foreign Students? Advisor, Foreign Students? Registry C/o Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-7. No Foreign student is admitted directly by the College unless he/she produces a letter from the Foreign Student?s Advisor University of Delhi, regarding his/her eligibility and clearance of his/her holding student?s visa. This will be done on first come first served basis till the quota prescribed by University is exhausted. Every foreign student other than Tibetan refugee is required to pay 100 US Dollar per year as foreign student fee. The fee will be charged in rupees @ prevailing on the prevailing on the day of admission.
- There are a few seats reserved for outstanding sportsman and NCC Cadets. Admission to this category is made in accordance with the rules of the University. In case of sports those who have participated at National/State level in Games for which team exist In the college will be considered. Candidates wishing to apply under these categories should fill a separate form available in the office on payment of Rs. 20/- only. Admission procedure as laid down by University will be strictly followed.
- No individual intimation regarding admission will be sent. All announcements regarding admissions to various course will be put up on the College Notice Board.
- Once the Admission Committee has taken a decision on a candidate?s application for admission, the College will not entertain any personal representation, correspondence or telephonic inquiries on the subject.
- Applicants admitted to the College will have to deposit the prescribed dues within the period specified in the notice of admission. Failure to do so will automatiacally lead to cancellation of admission.
- The college does not admit or re-admit the following categories of students:
- Those who have failed in a University Examination.
- Those who have failed to take a University Examination for any reason including shortage of attendance.
- Those whose results were withheld on account of use uf unfair means.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination in any year before 2006 will not be considered for admission in this college.
- The College reserves the right to refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason.
- While drawing up the merit list for admission to various courses only those subjects will be taken into account which have a direct relevance to the course of study for which a candidate is seeking admission. On the question of relevance of the subject the decision of the admission committee will be final.